I'm starting to feel that I'm talking to an empty room, shouting at a black hole, mumbling to myself. And it occurred to me that today, on our "fifth Sunday," is three months from the next "fifth Sunday" in October, when I will be speaking to the combined RS/Phd. SO, I decided to document and drive a three-month process to ... what? Get prepared? "Get" my food storage? The church's category is HOME storage, so I guess that works. I know I always work better when I have a back end -- a deadline -- when it needs to get done by.
I'm close to completing the 72-hr kits (with only water bottle carriers & blanket velcro attachments to add); the 2=week in-home (with no utilities) is pretty straightforward. I guess it's the 3-month and the "longer-term storage" that get cumbersome, expensive, and overwhelming. But, I have three months (13 weeks!) to plan it, buy it, make it, learn it, and GET IT. Then I can share what I learned and how I did it, along with develop some tools to help simplify that process for others. Sigh -- it sounds harder to teach others (read: get them hopeful and motivated enough) than to do it for myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment