So, yesterday I lifted the handle of my faucet and it just kept going! I pulled it right off (and sort of threw it against the back wall by accident). Luckily, we have a wet bar (you can imagine how handy that has been with all our entertaining :>), but you can't let anything go down that drain. So we've been filling pitchers to rinse dishes, and finding it extremely inconvenient to work without easy water from the faucet.
It got me to thinking: what if the problem wasn't the faucet, but the water supply itself? What if NONE of my faucets would magically dispense potable water at the touch of a finger? I realized that the jugs of water I have downstairs in my basement would come in very handy, and that they would run out very quickly.So I'll be adding to this post (later, I promise) the information I have about water storage amounts and methods. Please beat me to the punch, and let everyone know what you have learned and/or done along this line.
Seriously, NO comments? I found a quote that each family should store 14 gallons of water per person at a MINUMUM. For a family of four, that's 56 gallons -- or one 50 gallon drum plus a dozen sanitized and filled juice jugs.
ReplyDelete